Arboris® Sterols AS-2® is a 99% pure mixture of naturally occurring phytosterols derived from pine trees that are free of any genetic modifications.
At 25°C, Arboris® Sterols AS-2® is a free-flowing, white to off-white, waxy solid with bland taste and odor.
Prills in 500 kilogram super sacks, 100 kilogram fiber drums or 25 kilogram fiber drums.
Arboris® Sterols AS-2® is manufactured under some of the most stringent quality standards, including:
- ISO 9001 (Savannah, GA),
- Codex Alimentarius Commission Recommended International Code of Practice on the General Principles of
Food Hygiene (Newark, OH),
- European Council Directive 93/43/EEC of 14 June 1993 on the Hygiene of Foodstuffs (Newark, OH), and
- Food and Drug Administration 21 CRF part 110 Current Good Manufacturing Practice in Manufacturing, Packing, or Holding Human Food (Newark, OH).
Arboris® Sterols AS-2® is approved for use in specific foods by:
- Novel Food Board of the European Commission (EC Regulation No. 258/97),
- US Food and Drug Administration (GRAS Notice No. 00250 and 00335),
- Health Canada (Novel Food Submission NF-216).